We are currently actively working on SimpleActivityLogger v2.4
New features will include:
- Logging system Startup, Suspend, and Restore, in addition to the existing Shutdown event.
- Logging of Power events
- The ability to check for updates going forward.
- Updated look and feel to align with current versions of Windows.
- Proper HtmlHelp for all dialogs.
- The SimpleActivityLogger service will write errors and warnings to the Windows Event Log
- The ability to see the version of the application and service in the About Box of the application.
- Much faster loading of the log file in the Viewer window of the application.
Bugfixes will include
- System Shutdown events not being recorded when Fast Startup is enabled (this will be handled as a Suspend event, because that’s what actually happens)
- Dependency and Load Order issues on the SimpleActivityLogger service.
- various other minor bugfixes
We don’t yet have a release date for this, but the code changes are nearing completion. There will then be a period of testing.
We’re experiencing a little bit of feature creep, and we may choose to delay release whilst we make breaking changes, and release this as v3.0 rather than v2.4