SimpleActivityLogger v3.0.0 is now available for immediate download.
- A complete rewrite to use the Windows Event Log for logging events, rather than a text file.
- Logging of System Startup, Suspend, and Restore, in addition to the existing Shutdown event.
- Logging of Power events.
- Logging of User Presence events and “Away Mode”.
- Logging of activity by SimpleMonitorOff.
- Errors and warnings encountered by the SimpleActivityLogger service are now logged to the ‘Application’ area of the Windows Event Log.
- All events are now logged, regardless of the viewer settings (which are now a filter).
- Updated look and feel to align with current versions of Windows, making use of the Microsoft Fluid UI and a Ribbon bar.
- On startup, the application now checks that the service is running.
- The About box has had an overhaul, and now displays the version of the application and the service, and also the status of the service.
- Proper HtmlHelp throughout.
- You can now check if there is an update available, either automatically upon startup or manually.
- All settings are now stored in the registry rather than in the settings.ini file, and are stored on a per-user basis.
NOTE: This version drops support for Windows XP, and is compatible with Windows Vista onwards.
Click here to go to the product page to download it!
The full change history is available here.